This course is designed for current licensed electricians who want to obtain accreditation from the Clean Energy Council (CEC).
Course Outcomes & Pathways
On successful completion of this course, graduates will be issued with a Statement of Attainment of the Units of Competencies achieved.
This course meets the requirements of Clean Energy Council (CEC) for accreditation.
Entry and selection criteria
1. Hold a current unrestricted electrical license or applicants currently undertaking UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician or its successor will need to have the following Units of Competency already achieved:
- UEECD0016 Document and apply measures to control WHS risks associated with electrotechnology work
- UEECD0043 Solve problems in direct current circuits
- UEECD0044 Solve problems in multiple path circuits
- UEECD0046 Solve problems in single path circuits
- UEECD0025 Lay wiring/cabling and terminate accessories for extra-low voltage (ELV) circuits
- UEEEL0023 Terminate cables, cords and accessories for low voltage circuits
- UEEEL0012 Install low voltage wiring, appliances, switchgear and associated accessories
2. Have Solar Grid install experience Working with or for a CEC approved solar installer.
When we have confirmed you meet the selection criteria the next step is the selection interview and enrolment process.
What happens if you have met criteria
We will interview you to validate your original documents you completed on the self-check survey. Credit transfer is also discussed at this point.
Where you meet all criteria, the next stage is enrolment.
- UEERE0022 – Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus
- UEERE0011 – Design grid-connected photovoltaic power supply systems
- UEERE0016 – Install, configure and commission LV grid-connected photovoltaic power systems
Course Delivery Method
The course is run in a blended delivery which encompasses online learning, face to face learning and work performance.
- Self-paced Online learning: The theory component for this course involves using our Learning Management System (LMS). You will have access to multiple learning resources and will need to complete all learning tasks before sitting your Unit Knowledge Tests.
- Practical Skills – You will need to complete and PASS your theory before undertaking your Practical Skills component.
- Work performance: Your on-the-job experience with an approved CEC Solar Installer will need to be captured using our Work Performance capturing tool.
STUDENT HANDBOOK, POLICIES & PROCEDURES, FEES AND CHARGES
Information about our Training & Assessment, Policies & Procedures and Student handbook are available upon request and will be given to you prior to enrolment. These documents contain important information about your training course, fees and charges including our refund policy.